XPENG Publishes Inaugural Environmental, Social and Governance Report “AA” MSCI ESG Rating Tops Global Auto Peers
Guangzhou, China, October 15, 2021- XPeng Inc. (“XPENG” or the “Company”, NYSE: XPEV and HKEX: 9868), a leading Chinese intelligent electric vehicle (“Smart EV”) company, announces the release of its inaugural Environmental, Social and Governance Report (the “ESG Report”), detailing the Company’s strategy and outstanding achievements in ESG performance.
XPENG has demonstrated their commitment to ESG by curating an innovative core concept of X-SEG (Smart, Efficient and Green) which is emphasized throughout all components of their business model, from supply chain management and green manufacturing, to product safety management, eco-friendly operations and governance.
XPENG’s leadership in ESG continues to be recognized globally. For the second consecutive year, XPENG received an “AA” rating from MSCI ESG Research, the highest MSCI ESG rating among automobile companies worldwide. Notably, MSCI ESG Research scored XPENG 10 in the Product Carbon Footprint category and 9.1 in Opportunities in Clean Tech, two of the most predominant areas that contribute to the ESG ratings. The industry averages in the same categories fall at 7 and 5.5, making XPENG’s rating exponentially higher than industry standard. Furthermore, as part of the scoring review, MSCI ESG Research highlighted XPENG’s financial and personnel commitment to advancing technology as a key driver in the Company’s ability to deliver long-term sustainability-focused innovation.
XPENG is pioneering the movement to make Smart EVs accessible to the masses whilst delivering quality and innovation that surpasses competitors. “Adherence to exemplary ESG standards in operations is integral to our core values and culture, impacting every decision we make,” said He Xiaopeng, Chairman & CEO of XPENG. “As a leader in the Smart EV industry and a global corporate citizen, we take our responsibility seriously by leading the way in modelling outstanding, integrated practices in ESG. Through our efforts we aim to be a positive force in the development of future mobility and the betterment of societies around the world.”
Additional achievements highlighted in the ESG Report include:
Significant progress on recycling and reducing emissions with innovative technologies
- Compared with internal combustion engine vehicles, XPENG’s Smart EVs delivered reduced emissions in 2020 by approximately 5,520 tons of CO2
- As of May 2021, XPENG achieved 100% recycling and reuse rate of recyclable solid waste
- As of March 31, 2021, XPENG had 759 patents and 504 registered trademarks in China and other jurisdictions
Record level safety performance with superior product quality and technology
- XPENG P7 became the first to receive the 5-Star rating from the Chinese i-VISTA intelligent vehicle testing platform
- XPENG G3 and P7 received a 5-Star rating with scores of 92.2% and 89.4% respectively in the C-NCAP Crash and Safety Test
- In 2020, XPENG reported no work-related fatalities or lost time due to work-place injuries
- Continued commitment to fostering an open and inclusive culture to attract and retain talents
- Contribution to disaster relief, poverty alleviation and subsidy of agriculture
- Sound governance structure and protocols to ensure compliance at all levels of the Company
To view the 2020 ESG Report, please visit the ESG section of XPENG’s Investor Relations website by clicking here. The Report is available in English and Chinese.
For more information on MSCI ESG ratings, click here.
XPENG Motors is a leading tech company that designs, develops, manufactures, and markets intelligent electric vehicles, leading the shift into intelligence, people-first mobile, as we believe technology should be intelligent, useful and personal. We strive to transform everyday mobility into richer human experiences.
XPENG is committed to in-house R&D and intelligent manufacturing. Over 50% of more than 11,000 employees work in R&D-related areas. The Company’s EVs are manufactured at its plant. In order to optimize its customers’ mobility experience, XPENG develops its full-stack Advanced Driver Assistance System (XPILOT) technology and intelligent in-car operating system (Xmart OS), as well as core vehicle systems including powertrain and the electrification/electronic architecture.
The XPENG P7 and G3 are available in the Norwegian market – as the first market in Europe. For more information, please visit XPENG GLOBAL: www.heyxpeng.com
XPENG EU Facebook: Hey XPENG
XPENG EU Instagram: hey.xpeng
XPENG Youtube: Hey XPENG